- 1 cup cooked flaked fish (lake trout or rainbow trout are good options)
- 4 frozen tart pastry shells or 1 9-inch pie shell
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 4 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Additional spices, herbs and garnishes as desired
- Bake pastry shells at 350°F for 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Combine all other ingredients except for paprika and garnishes.
- Pour into pastry.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Add garnishes and serve.