Featured on The Fish Dish podcast.
From Karalyn Littlefield, food scientist, UW-River Falls
- 8 oz smoked fish, bones removed, broken into small pieces
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 t prepared horseradish – optional
- 1 t Worcestershire sauce – optional
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 t dried dill weed
- 2 t dried parsley
- ¼ t fresh ground black pepper
- Salt, as needed
Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and mix until incorporated. Add lemon juice and all the herbs and spices. Mix well. Add fish. Mix to combine. Taste and adjust salt and lemon as needed. Spoon into a serving dish. Refrigerate.
Note: Feel free to add different herbs and spices to suit your fancy.