4 tbsp. unsalted butter
2 lbs. boiled potatoes, cooled and diced
2 yellow onions, finely chopped
1/2 lb. smoked U.S.-farmed rainbow trout, flaked into small pieces
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
To taste salt and pepper
4 poached eggs
1 tbsp. fresh chives, thinly sliced
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter begins to melt, add the boiled potatoes and cook until lightly browned.
- Add remaining butter and onions. Sauté the mix until the onions are translucent.
- Add trout, cream, dill, garlic, and salt and pepper and slowly stir the mix.
- Continue to stir mixture every 3 minutes until potatoes are golden, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Plate the hash and garnish it with a poached egg and freshly cut chives.
Courtesy of Shedd Aquarium’s Right Bite Program