A Fish-o-licious Recipe!
This recipe gained fame on The Fish Dish podcast. It is gluten-free.
- 2 ripe mangos (or 4 ripe peaches)
- 1 or 2 jalapeño peppers depending on how hot you like your salsa
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (reserve a few leaves for garnish)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 U.S.-farmed tilapia fillets
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil (or oil blend if you can’t find sunflower oil)
- Slices of red tomato for garnish
- To taste salt and pepper
Mango (or Peach) Salsa
- Cut mangos (or peaches) to remove pits.
- Dice mangos (or peaches), red onion and jalapeños (with seeds).
- Finely chop cilantro.
- Add ingredients, including lime juice together in a bowl and mix.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Let sit in the refrigerator.
- Heat sunflower oil in skillet.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Sear in the pan for 4 minutes on each side.
- Plate the fish with a generous portion of salsa on top. Garnish with reserved cilantro and a tomato slice or two.
A tip from Sharon: This recipe could easily become a kicky taco filling, especially with the addition of a bit of avocado, a sprinkle of cheese and some chopped red cabbage.