- 4 fillets (any species)
- ½ cup flour
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 6 tbsp cold butter cut into 1″ pieces
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- 5 tbsp oil
- Dry fish and dredge in flour.
- Sauté in oil until golden (~6 min per side), remove and keep warm.
- Pour out oil and add vinegar and lime juice – bring to boil
- Scraping up bits, reduce slightly then whisk in butter, 1 piece at a time, until sauce is creamy and thick.
- Pour sauce over fish.
- Add scallions (optional)
- Garnish with lime wedges and pistachios (optional)
Adapted from Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant