Perfect for salmon sashimi!
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce (or gluten-free tamari)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 1/4 pound sushi-grade salmon, 1/8-inch-thick, cut into 2-inch squares (about 12 pieces)
- 1/4-inch piece of fresh ginger, sliced paper-thin and cut into thin matchsticks (about 24 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives (or green onion if chives are unavailable)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons roasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of soy sauce with the lime and orange juices.
- In a small pan, heat the grapeseed and sesame oils for about 2 minutes.
- Toss the sushi-grade salmon with ¼ cup soy sauce. Arrange 3 pieces per plate.
- Top with ginger and chives.
- Drizzle the hot oil mixture on top of the salmon along with the citrus sauce.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and cilantro.